Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lafayette, Louisiana Swamp Tours

 
and swamp people are looking for alligators!
 
 
 
 
And we have alligators at Lake Martin!
 
 
 
 
But, this time of the year the water is so warm alligators mostly stay in the water,
 
 
 
 
and as you can see below, they make me work to get close to them.
 
 
 
And speaking of warm, it is the time of year when the tropical flowers emerge from the swamp mud,
and as you can see below, the American Lotus now being in full bloom.
 
 
 
 


 
 
There is something else brought to my attention by the guests in the photo below.
 

 
They came to me after getting out of one of the other boats at Lake Martin because they refused to be
 
 
 
 
 
 packed in like sardines in a boat that operates like the tourists traps around New Orleans.
 
 
I like for my guests to have leg room to stretch out as you can see below.
 
 
 
 
 
And my smaller boat can go where other larger barge type tourist traps could never pass
as you can see below.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Because I go where other boats cannot go, you never know what we may see,
such as the Wood Storks below
 
 
Right on schedule they arrived in June as they do every year to nest in the area.
 


 
 
 
So if you would like to join me, I am Marcus de la Houssaye,
I was swamp people before Swamp People was cool!
 
 
I am a native Cajun, a native American, and an American Sovereign.
 
 
 I will be the man driving the boat,
as I am a one man, one boat operation, and most importantly,
 I keep my groups small, so we can get to know one another.
 
I am located near Lafayette, Louisiana and launch my tours from Lake Martin landing.
You can get directions by clicking on the link above, and going to the bottom of the page,
and click on the link to Directions.
 
 
If you would like more information, I can be reached by cell phone at 337 298 2630.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm a photographer who's interest is in the old untouched landscape, Although I do also photograph wildlife. After watching your vids and reading your blog I would someday like to take a tour of the Louisiana swamps with you as my guide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a photographer who's interest is in the old untouched landscape, Although I do also photograph wildlife. After watching your vids and reading your blog I would someday like to take a tour of the Louisiana swamps with you as my guide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So luck to come across your excellent blog. Your blog brings me a great deal of fun.. Good luck with the site. pacotes

    ReplyDelete